Faith in action

James 2:25-26 (Message translation)
"The same with Rahab, The Jericho harlot. Wasn't her action in hiding God's spies and helping them escape-
that seamless unity of believing and doing- what counted with God?
The very moment you separate body and spirit, you end up with a corpse.
Separate faith and works and you get the same thing: a corpse.
"

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 28

Saturday morning. I am sitting at my dining room table watching the birds at the feeder. Everything is covered in white, peaceful snow. I have coffee, a sweater and slippers, and a fire going to keep away the chill. This is what I love about winter. The cozy, slow solemness of it. The sky is still gray today but I woke up with more energy than usual, and I intend to make the most of it! I usually view Saturday as a good day to make a loose plan for the coming week. I say loose because you know how plans are- God might have a different one. But just in case He doesn't I do my best so the time doesn't get frittered away too awful much.
Tim happens to be out of town today and Jared has plans with a friend, so this won't be a family type Saturday. I can get all wrapped up in my scheming and nobody will miss me!
I like to make a BIG list of all the things I would like to accomplish throughout the week and I organize them according to efficiency and fit them in where it works best around the family schedules. Tim said once he wanted to do something on my list so he could be a part of something so epic! Funny guy.
I will have fun with that and some church spreadsheets. However, what I really need to do is get outside and go for a walk. Milo ( my chubby dog that lays around all day) needs it too. So I am going to shoot for that. Walking and list making with some laundry and dishes mixed in.

I am going to write to Aunt Vi today too and tell her how much I love and appreciate her and her life and example. I am pretty sure I told her before, but I forget and maybe she does too. It can't hurt to tell her again! She is really in my heart lately.

I have made up a simple little prayer that I say in the morning:

Thank you Father for another day, help me to live it YOUR way.

No matter what. If I live in a comfy house or not. If my plans work out or not. I am grateful for my life. I am grateful for Jesus.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment