Faith in action

James 2:25-26 (Message translation)
"The same with Rahab, The Jericho harlot. Wasn't her action in hiding God's spies and helping them escape-
that seamless unity of believing and doing- what counted with God?
The very moment you separate body and spirit, you end up with a corpse.
Separate faith and works and you get the same thing: a corpse.
"

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 25

Soooo darn tired today. I have really dragged myself through this one. Not quite sure why- maybe just the lack of movement in general combined with the lack of sunshine.
When my energy levels are so low, I feel depressed. Or is it when I feel depressed my energy levels are so low?
I really am not sure sometimes which comes first. Sometimes depression is just an underlying feeling that I grow accustomed to and so it just feels normal.
It is just the sadness and yearning that never really goes away. I think sometimes it manifests itself in me physically and makes me feel very tired. The combination of winter weather just adds to the mix.

Lack of energy always frustrates me. One part of me has this never ending sadness that makes me tired. The other part of me has joy and plans and projects I want to carry out. If the energy is not there physically it can be really frustrating! It makes me think about people that live with physical pain every day. How do they do it? Well how do any of us do it? Life is just plain hard sometimes.
I realize though that this is just a temporary condition. It is an ebb and flow. The energy will return. Probably after I acknowledge the pain, cry for awhile, and rest. Then I will be able to get back to work!
I tell you, I have more ideas running through my brain sometimes then are really necessary!
I think I would like to start up a "sewing for service" group at church and make things like diapers and dresses for Haiti or some more of those parachutes for Columbia. I would like to invite the community to come too.

So I best go to sleep now....tomorrow is always a big day!





This dress is made from a pillowcase. You can make them for Haiti orphans.

 Here is a tutorial:   

http://freshlypicked.blogspot.com/2008/03/pillow-case-dress-tutorial.html

2 comments:

  1. Becky,
    You know me, and you probably would think that I would be one of the last people to be a regular reader of your blog. However I am a daily reader (you missed a couple of days, but I am sure you will catch up) and I look forward to reading your postive thoughts each day. It's made me pledge to be a positive person as well. Its strange, and a little sad, that it can be challenging to favor the positive, but it sure does make me feel better inside. Hopefully it rubs off on others. Keep up the GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you anonymous! It is very encouraging to me to hear you say that. I look forward to more comments from you too! Keep looking up!

    ReplyDelete