Faith in action

James 2:25-26 (Message translation)
"The same with Rahab, The Jericho harlot. Wasn't her action in hiding God's spies and helping them escape-
that seamless unity of believing and doing- what counted with God?
The very moment you separate body and spirit, you end up with a corpse.
Separate faith and works and you get the same thing: a corpse.
"

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 24- Learning by doing...

There are some days that I feel at a loss for what I should write about here. If I haven't made a plan for the day, I don't feel right just writing about something little that I may have just done naturally to be loving and encouraging.
And, there are some times that I feel as though writing about what I have done has somehow taken something away from it.
My main goal in beginning this blog was to make sure I would be intentional about my days and how I spend them. They seem to pass by so quickly and it is very easy for me to just get wrapped up in myself. I was inspired by James, and Amanda's favorite poem and the other ladies blog. It all came together in a way that made sense to me.
As I follow through with writing daily, some things keep bothering me. Sometimes I don't want to write about something because the other person involved may not want me to. Other times I don't want to write because it feels as though I am boasting about something I did, even if I am not. I think that has something to do with it being an every day thing. On some days I am excited and happy to share about my experience because I think it is worth sharing. So...
I still think my resolution is a good one and I want to follow through with it. However, I think I am going to do it just a bit differently.
I will come here and write every day. I just want to write about what is on my heart. Just coming here will do the job of keeping me thinking about being intentional with my days. There will still be times that I will share about something I have done, because it may be helpful or inspire an idea for whoever might be reading. Or maybe I just want to share!
It has been six years since my dad and my Amanda died. It has been a hard road. I have been slowly beginning to join in with the world around me again. My sons, my husband, my family and friends have loved and encouraged me along. Jesus has given me joy and hope. I really want to return that each and every day. It has made all the difference. Otherwise I know exactly where I would be, because I have been there before.
I would be lost and lonely and hurt and bitter and angry and rebellious and I would not care what happened to me. THAT is why I want to share. THAT is why I want to Bedoing!
So.... stay tuned (if you are out there)... I will share my heart, my exciting days and my mundane thoughts, and I will keep the rest between me and the Lord and whoever is sent my way.
You live and you learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment