Faith in action

James 2:25-26 (Message translation)
"The same with Rahab, The Jericho harlot. Wasn't her action in hiding God's spies and helping them escape-
that seamless unity of believing and doing- what counted with God?
The very moment you separate body and spirit, you end up with a corpse.
Separate faith and works and you get the same thing: a corpse.
"

Sunday, April 10, 2011

The end of this blog

"When all refuge fails, and a man is made to see that there is nothing left him but sin, death, and damnation, unless he flies to Christ for life; then he flies, and not till then."
J O H N B U N Y A N ( 1681)    
The writing of this blog has become something I did not intend it to be. I find that it is time to Bedoing something different. My intention here began as solely for myself to become intentional about my days, making each of them count by way of doing something encouraging for someone, and pointing to Christ and His love. Blogging was the means in which to keep on track and accountable each day. I have enjoyed it- the creative expression I can have here with words and pictures. It also became a way of sharing myself with my family, and I have enjoyed that. I know that God has used this blog to encourage others, and that has been a wonderful side effect.
My goodness it is hard to do one thing every single day for a year!! It has lately become something I feel I have to do- rather than something I want to do, and sharing the love of Christ should never be so. I have been neglecting my time with Him; reading and journeying through His Word, and it shows with my waning enthusiasm. It shows in my lack of ideas, which I wish to be led by the Holy Spirit- not just something I need to come up with for the day.  
For the last couple of weeks I have been considering all this. I become easily overwhelmed since the death of my dad and daughter. I am just not capable of handling all of the things that ramble around in my mind to do along with handling daily life! Perhaps I have always been this way, and now it is just magnified. I have never been very good at finishing a thing. I have a tendency to jump from one thing to the next, without ever finishing the first. I have become better at following through with projects- but I still have three or more going at any one time.
For instance: right now I am doing this blog, working on family history, scanning photos, putting photo albums together, crocheting valances for mom, crocheting a scarf for Zach, crocheting a blanket for the basement cottage, making a baby quilt for Hannah, making an undisclosed gift for mom, making pillowcases for me, doing church treasury, a new Bible study group, painting trim, painting the pantry door, thinking of upcoming yard projects, cleaning a house on Fridays, working in the school library on Thursdays, housework, meal planning, bills, budgeting, shopping, cleaning....
Is this normal? All I know is that I have got to learn to do one or two things at a time. At first, I felt that by not following through with my plan for this blog, it was just another failure of mine to see something through. The lack of self discipline that I struggle with. But I realized I have learned a lot just from having done it.  I don't need to take it as a failure. It has blessed me and others, and has served it's purpose. 
I do want to start a different blog- one that I write in as I am led to share something.  Ha ha- there I go again, right! No- I will not begin it until I have finished journaling through James, and all the painting is done!! I do, of course, already have a general idea of what it will be like though! 
I have so much I want to do. I love being busy, being productive, making pretty things. However, I get overwhelmed and shut down when I have too many going at once. I am going to try and learn to keep a good balance. Doing just enough projects to keep me challenged and moving without trying to do so many that I shut down. I want to find that sweet spot. I KNOW I will never be able to do just one thing at a time!
Thanks for spending time with me here. My great hope is that you will come to know Christ and make Him Lord of your life. If you freely give your life to Him as He did for you, I promise you will never regret it. He gives freedom from looking for happiness in fleshly things. I have only found true joy and life in Him. I will never stop bedoing for Him, I am only stopping beblogging! 
 


3 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed your blog and while I'm sorry to see it go, I'll be looking forward to the new one! I hope you enjoy some time "off" the blogging. Take care- and let me know your new "address" when you're ready! Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to doing to many things at once, I think I have aspiritations to write 3 full length books, and a series of books on the bible, a little overwhelming at times, but you have to remember that I am younger then you so I actually might get all these things in before I die... haha, it is a joy though while toiling for the Lord!

    ReplyDelete