Faith in action

James 2:25-26 (Message translation)
"The same with Rahab, The Jericho harlot. Wasn't her action in hiding God's spies and helping them escape-
that seamless unity of believing and doing- what counted with God?
The very moment you separate body and spirit, you end up with a corpse.
Separate faith and works and you get the same thing: a corpse.
"

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

God is here.

Amanda Marie Stevens
Well I spent all day today wondering what I would do for the blog. I came up with a couple different ideas but nothing really felt right. It was getting late and so I was running out of time and ideas. I decided I would go visit a grief website and offer some encouragement to someone that had suffered a loss.


What happened there blew me away. God shows me He is here in such unexpected ways, but it is always VERY clear. Thank you Father!!!
So what happened?


I met another Amanda there- Amanda Joy Alstatt- and this is what I signed on her memorial guest book. Also following is a link so you can go and meet her and her family for yourself if you like.
 http://Amanda-Alstatt.virtual-memorials.com

01-04-2011 9:10 PM -- By: Rebecca Brososky,  From: Michigan  
Hello. My journey here tonight is an interesting one. But that is how our God works oftentimes! I also lost my daughter. She was 19 and beautiful. She was killed in a car accident 6 years ago. Her name was Amanda. Her favorite word was JOY. One of her role models was Rachel Joy Scott (killed at Columbine) and she wished I had given her that middle name. But her middle name was Marie. I guess you can see why I was immediately drawn to your daughters memorial. I read through most of it, and you were very good at expressing what the loss feels like. I often wondered how I kept breathing in the beginning. As I read I realized our daughters had in common a love for God and spread it where they went. She was an inspiration to me and all she knew.
Now to tell you why I ended up here tonight. I am at a place in my heart where I am able to try now to have acceptance with joy and live out the rest of my life doing the only thing that matters in the end. Sharing the love of Christ and living out His purpose for my life. So this year I decided that each day of the year I would try to give encouragement or love to someone that may need a lift and needs to know they have a great and mighty God that can get them through anything. I also decided to blog about my experiences, to have a written record and to keep myself on track. Today I was thinking all day and could not decide what to do. Finally I thought, "hey, I can go to a grief site and maybe give someone a word of encouragement from the Lord." So I came here. After I signed up I realized that it would be a day or two before I was accepted so I decided to look at the memorials. I went to the teens and clicked. There was your daughter- first one I saw. My breath caught in my heart. I knew God had led me here. As I read my heart broke for you and with you, but I knew without a doubt that God was here. Bringing us together to encourage one another.
I can't wait to see my Amanda again, and to meet yours too. I imagine they may have already met and are dancing and singing with Jesus. God bless you. Thank you for sharing so much of your heart here on these pages. I have a facebook page for my Amanda. Its called Remembering Amanda Marie Stevens. I hope you won't mind me sharing this memorial on my blog tonight, I would love for others to come and learn about your Amanda. God bless you!!!
Becky

Amazing....

No comments:

Post a Comment