Faith in action

James 2:25-26 (Message translation)
"The same with Rahab, The Jericho harlot. Wasn't her action in hiding God's spies and helping them escape-
that seamless unity of believing and doing- what counted with God?
The very moment you separate body and spirit, you end up with a corpse.
Separate faith and works and you get the same thing: a corpse.
"

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 73

Okay so I took a long weekend. Does it count if it feels like Monday? I wish every Tuesday could be Monday. Like you get to do Monday twice, is what I mean. The first one would be to mentally prepare for the week ahead, and then the next day would be the real Monday. That would work for me. But, alas, it is not to be. God knows best. Before you know it, people would be wanting two Saturdays and two Sundays....you get the picture. We are never quite satisfied with the way things are. I spent a good portion of my life feeling unsatisfied. If someone was doing this I wished they were doing that. If it was raining I wished it was sunny. If it was sunny I wished it was raining! If I was working I wanted to be home. If I was home I wanted to be working. And one thing was for sure, I always wanted to be driving. It is so futile to wish that things I have no control over would be different.







Sometimes you just gotta hand over the keys and enjoy the ride.

2 comments:

  1. God has revealed to me through his word in the bible that love is not a "feeling" Love is an action and a choice and He made the first step. The bible says that God is Love (1 John 4:8) and that “Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.” (1 Corinthians 13:4-7).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Love is a choice. :) God chose to love us and redeem us, even though we sin against Him. His example and Word shows us true love. I never knew true love until I knew Jesus, and it is because of Him that I can begin too learn to give it!

    ReplyDelete