Faith in action

James 2:25-26 (Message translation)
"The same with Rahab, The Jericho harlot. Wasn't her action in hiding God's spies and helping them escape-
that seamless unity of believing and doing- what counted with God?
The very moment you separate body and spirit, you end up with a corpse.
Separate faith and works and you get the same thing: a corpse.
"

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day Four- Connections

Last nights experience on the grief website still has me amazed. God made His presence clear to me through all the connections I found within the other Amanda's memorial page made by her parents. There was no mistaking that all these connections were not mere coincidences. Consider this:

-it was the first memorial page to come up, actually a "featured" memorial for the day.

-of course her name

-her middle name was my Amanda's favorite word and one she wished was her own middle name.

-one of the first pictures was her with her grandpa.

-the street name was Maple Avenue ( this is the name of the church where I gave my heart to Christ)

-her role model was her sister Rachel (My Amanda's role model was Rachel Scott)

-she liked to tell people about Jesus, just like my Amanda.

-my husbands friend lives in that area and he thinks he has ridden his bike down that very street.

Really...what are the chances of me finding all these connections out of anywhere on the Internet I could have gone? And, I found this on the first and only website I visited.
Through trying to connect with others, God made it clear we are indeed connected and meant to be encouraged by each other knowing that He is near and very real.

Thinking of how close He always is made me think back to a verse that became very important to me.

There was a time in my life before my dad and Amanda died that I was very scared. I was quite sure my marriage was over and I was devastated. I was a Christian now and knew God wanted me to trust Him no matter what happened.I asked God to heal my heart and my marriage. My husband and I started going through Christian counseling.
At one of our sessions we were reminded of the verse: " I will never desert you, nor will I forsake you." I remember repeating that over and over to myself all the way home. Oh, how I needed to know and believe that! I decided to trust it as His word and therefore the truth.
Last night God reminded me just how close He always is. We are connected.
So all of this together gave me an idea for what to do today. I decided to make some bookmarks on card stock with that verse on them and take them up to the Christian counseling place here in town so people coming in for help can have one and be reminded too. Remembering God is always near can make all the difference in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment