Faith in action

James 2:25-26 (Message translation)
"The same with Rahab, The Jericho harlot. Wasn't her action in hiding God's spies and helping them escape-
that seamless unity of believing and doing- what counted with God?
The very moment you separate body and spirit, you end up with a corpse.
Separate faith and works and you get the same thing: a corpse.
"

Monday, January 3, 2011

Day Two

The sun is shining today and I am breathing better (I have been sick for awhile). I am anxious to get to doing things but need to be careful not to overdo it. I have plenty of ideas swarming around in my head- which one do I pick?
You know, there have been so many times when out of the blue a friend has sent me a card or note letting me know that they were thinking of me and it always means so much. Knowing people care and knowing God cares keeps the wind in my sails. Its like a drink of water in the desert- keeps me walking.
For some reason I am thinking of a woman I know that has been through alot. She is older and I would like her to know I am thinking of her. I do not know if she believes in Christ. I have decided to bake her something and send it to her with a card and a verse.
My car is in the shop so I am stuck here and will have to use what I have on hand. I will add a photo later on when finished, just cause I love taking pictures of food. :)
I wonder if we get to bake in heaven? Everything turns out perfect??? MMMMmmm.
It's a good thing my resolution this year had nothing to do with food restriction!

Here's a link to the bread- it turned out pretty yummy. I used 1/2 cup less sugar though- thought that was a crazy amount of sugar! Still turned out great. Oh- also only had applesauce, not juice, so I mixed applesauce and water 1/2 and 1/2 to make a substitute for the 1/2 cup apple juice. The recipe made 4 mini loaves and one smallish regular loaf- lots to freeze!
http://www.grouprecipes.com/12485/harvest-pumpkin-apple-bread.html

No comments:

Post a Comment