Faith in action

James 2:25-26 (Message translation)
"The same with Rahab, The Jericho harlot. Wasn't her action in hiding God's spies and helping them escape-
that seamless unity of believing and doing- what counted with God?
The very moment you separate body and spirit, you end up with a corpse.
Separate faith and works and you get the same thing: a corpse.
"

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 87

Today I did church treasury business, and encouraged the neighbors by hanging out my sheets!! Oh yeah- I am really itching for some nice weather. It is still a bit chilly today, in the 40's, but it is nice and sunny with promise in the air. Soon all will be green again. And my sheets are going to smell so good :)
How does that point to Christ, you ask? Well, spring tells the story of resurrection, I answer. The illustrated promise of rebirth and the victory over death!

No comments:

Post a Comment