Faith in action

James 2:25-26 (Message translation)
"The same with Rahab, The Jericho harlot. Wasn't her action in hiding God's spies and helping them escape-
that seamless unity of believing and doing- what counted with God?
The very moment you separate body and spirit, you end up with a corpse.
Separate faith and works and you get the same thing: a corpse.
"

Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 84, 85, 86

I have been bedoing a bunch the last few days! Helped mom, helped a friend, encouraged some others.
The neat thing is that God has been giving me opportunities, I have not planned anything out lately. I am learning that if I just keep engaged in life, and look around, there is no shortage of ways to help and encourage people. Things like dresses and parachutes are extracurricular!
My favorite opportunity was to care for my son in a special way while he was sick this morning. Brought him medicine and water in bed, and a bit later took him some oatmeal. He was so thankful for such simple things. Being 14 now, I guess he thinks it is pretty special when mom still mothers him a little.

By the way! You should try McDonald's oatmeal- it might not be great for you but it tastes pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment