Faith in action

James 2:25-26 (Message translation)
"The same with Rahab, The Jericho harlot. Wasn't her action in hiding God's spies and helping them escape-
that seamless unity of believing and doing- what counted with God?
The very moment you separate body and spirit, you end up with a corpse.
Separate faith and works and you get the same thing: a corpse.
"

Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 27

Yep I missed Day 26!!

On Day 26...
I went to see Jared's basketball game, got home around 8:30. Then we sat down and turned on the TV. We watched American Idol and my brain turned off. I completely forgot! I am not sure why that surprises me so much- I forget everything else. I did remember finally, right around 11:45 while lying in bed, but I was stuck. It was like quicksand, believe me. No getting out. I was rescued this morning from the life sucking bed by the smell of coffee and an obligation to go to school conferences.

I have now returned to the quicksand- because I like it here- and figured I better write before it's too late again!

I first sat down to reply to my emails. In one of the letters I wrote I talked about my Aunt Vi. She will be 97 in March. I realized that in February I will be 45. The next thought I had was that Aunt Vi has lived two of my lifetimes plus a few years. I can only imagine the amount of things that can happen were I to continue on for another whole lifetime. I think of all the things that have happened in my life so far. All of the changes. When I was in my twenties I could not imagine that my perspective on things would change very much but it sure has. How much will it change in the next twenty... forty? What things that seem so important now will lose their grip? What things that I take for granted will I learn to thank God for every day? I know one thing. The future has never turned out to be what I imagined it would be- so I won't even try. I will just try to appreciate each day and each gift. Another 45? I think I'm up for it. As long as I have a notepad! Oh, and coffee and a good pair of pajamas.





PS...the counseling center I gave the bookmarks to, called and asked for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment