Faith in action

James 2:25-26 (Message translation)
"The same with Rahab, The Jericho harlot. Wasn't her action in hiding God's spies and helping them escape-
that seamless unity of believing and doing- what counted with God?
The very moment you separate body and spirit, you end up with a corpse.
Separate faith and works and you get the same thing: a corpse.
"

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 29

Meet people where they are at 
with a heart of love and compassion.

Remember where you came from- identify.

 Be busy! 

Be a servant to all 
 for the cause of the Gospel.

It's good to do things because you are supposed to, but
 better to have a willing heart.

 All points from our sermon today given by missionary Andy Bishop.  
From the words of the Apostle Paul in 2 Corinthians.
  This is how I hope to live my life and share my faith.

Out of all the people I meet in heaven I hope Paul is one of the first. I imagine him with such a humble face, and a heart made strong from suffering for the cause of true love. Afraid of nothing.

  After church today son Jared went to spend the day with son Nick at his apartment. So I went home and got lost in deposits and spreadsheets and bills and church treasurer reports! It was fun- believe it or not :) I am so thankful to have a way to serve that I enjoy so much too. I hope to do a good job.
  
Main Entry: willingness
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: readiness
Synonyms: alacrity, compliance, consent, eagerness, enthusiasm, zeal
Antonyms: aversion
willingness. (n.d.). Roget's 21st Century Thesaurus, Third Edition. Retrieved January 30, 2011, from Thesaurus.com website:http://thesaurus.com/browse/willingness


No comments:

Post a Comment