Faith in action

James 2:25-26 (Message translation)
"The same with Rahab, The Jericho harlot. Wasn't her action in hiding God's spies and helping them escape-
that seamless unity of believing and doing- what counted with God?
The very moment you separate body and spirit, you end up with a corpse.
Separate faith and works and you get the same thing: a corpse.
"

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 38

I had coffee with one of my dearest friends today. Usually four of us meet uptown once a month. Two of our group could not make it today, both due to health issues that have their loved ones in the hospital. Just another reminder that we never know what a day is going to bring.
As my friend and I sat and talked, we heard from our missing friends about their worries for their family members. We also ran into two women we knew that shared with us the wonderful blessings in their lives at the moment. So often in life when things are going bad and we are hurting, we think it can never change. But if there is one thing I have learned it is that things always change. Life can go from good to bad in a moment and from bad to good in a blink. Most often the changes are gradual but they still change! We can work towards change or we can sit still. Things will still change!
The way I see it, four things are certain:

We are born.
We will die.
We have the ability to make choices in between.
God wins in the end!

I choose to trust Him. I choose to live for Him. He never changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment