Faith in action

James 2:25-26 (Message translation)
"The same with Rahab, The Jericho harlot. Wasn't her action in hiding God's spies and helping them escape-
that seamless unity of believing and doing- what counted with God?
The very moment you separate body and spirit, you end up with a corpse.
Separate faith and works and you get the same thing: a corpse.
"

Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 37

I missed day 36. My only excuse is...Dramamine!

I had a very busy day. Got up early, made food for church potluck breakfast, went to breakfast, drove to moms house (1 hour drive), went to see Hairspray at theater with Jared, mom, sis and super niece Madison. After the show we went out for a fantastic dinner at Ruby Tuesday's. I had to take some Dramamine because on the ride to the theater I was in the backseat and that does bad things to my stomach.
The Dramamine worked great, but it made me a bit silly and a lot sleepy.
Not nearly as silly as the two young ones together in the back seat though! They were having a great time in their teenage world. After dinner we drove back to my moms and then Jared and I said farewell and drove home. The weather was not so great and I drove slower than usual. By the time I got home I was unable to hold my eyelids open any longer. I threw myself on the couch and Tim removed my boots and gloves. I decided it was worth the effort to make it into the bedroom and so I got up somehow and went straight to bed where my eyelids snapped tightly shut. So.. that's why no blog yesterday! It was a great time.
Yesterday morning at church breakfast I shared the plan for Sewing for Service and I think it went over well. I hope a mess of people come :) I am hoping not only church members, but anyone who wants to come will meet once a month until summer, and we will make the Columbian parachutes, the pillowcase dresses for Haiti and baby quilts for the pregnancy center. I am excited about it!
Today I printed out some more fliers about it and will put them around town tomorrow. It is a plan to get us all bedoing together!

Tonight I feel like posting another verse on facebook- one of my favorites:

John 16:33

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
 
 












 maybe the Dramamine has not completely worn off yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment