Faith in action

James 2:25-26 (Message translation)
"The same with Rahab, The Jericho harlot. Wasn't her action in hiding God's spies and helping them escape-
that seamless unity of believing and doing- what counted with God?
The very moment you separate body and spirit, you end up with a corpse.
Separate faith and works and you get the same thing: a corpse.
"

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 8- Mac and cheese please!

When I first went out on my own, I was a single mom. I was excited and nervous. So many things I needed to learn to do for myself, and for Amanda! I felt up to it though. I was on my own, but at the same time, I knew my mom and dad were still out there and loved me if I needed them. Now I also know that my Father God is there for me too, and knowing that always brings me peace.

Tonight I want to remind my son, now out on his own, that I am still here loving him and so is God.

Sometimes there is just no better way to show love than making food for someone. In my humble opinion :) So I made him my mom's famous mac and cheese, and wrote him a little note.
If you want to make it yourself here is the recipe! 

My Mom- Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment