Faith in action

James 2:25-26 (Message translation)
"The same with Rahab, The Jericho harlot. Wasn't her action in hiding God's spies and helping them escape-
that seamless unity of believing and doing- what counted with God?
The very moment you separate body and spirit, you end up with a corpse.
Separate faith and works and you get the same thing: a corpse.
"

Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 9



I am really tired today! Going to the dentist and getting fillings seems to have put me out for the count. The whole side of my face was numb most of the day. I managed to get the grocery shopping done. I smiled at a couple people there and they must have thought I had  had a stroke or something with half of my face not operating. Came home and put the groceries away, started dinner in the crock pot and then just took a nap. I slept until 5 pm!! Then at around 6:30 I drove to Adrian to pick up Jared and brought him home and after he showered we ate a late dinner. The inside of my mouth is still sore and I am just ready to go to bed. I keep thinking oh- I must have done something encouraging today that I can write about but not really! It just goes to show how easily a day can go by when I don't intentionally make the effort.
I had made a plan to do something this evening but it would require more energy than I have at the moment.
So although tired, I will find an encouraging verse and post it on Facebook. I know God can use even the smallest efforts.  I have friends that do this on occasion and sometimes it was just what I needed to see at that moment.

Verse: Lamentations 3:31-33

For men are not cast off from the Lord forever. Though He brings grief, He will show compassion, so great is His unfailing love. For He does not willingly bring affliction or grief to the children of men.

No comments:

Post a Comment