Faith in action

James 2:25-26 (Message translation)
"The same with Rahab, The Jericho harlot. Wasn't her action in hiding God's spies and helping them escape-
that seamless unity of believing and doing- what counted with God?
The very moment you separate body and spirit, you end up with a corpse.
Separate faith and works and you get the same thing: a corpse.
"

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 21

Today was spent finishing the quilt top from yesterday. Now I just need to do the embroidery. I decided it needs to be a tad bigger- so when the time gets closer I will put a border on it and then finish it up. Tonight I will continue to work on the crocheted baby blankie I am making for some other friends who are being blessed with a little girl very soon. In fact the due date for their baby is my birthday :)
I also just found out another friend of mine is going to be a grandma very soon! Lucky girl. And lucky me I get to spend more blogging days bedoing what I like best- making baby blankies! It just occurred to me that I could use up some scraps to make blankies for the pregnancy center. They have a program where they reward parents with things from their "shop" when they complete certain parenting classes and goals. They are always looking for blankets and things for the "shop".

Brososky News alert:

My boys all went out and worked on tearing down an old barn today. I am really excited to see how we end up using all that beautiful wood in and around our home! It is going to be ALOT of work. And first they have to relocate the BEES.... 


Wow- and that's just a small portion of the hive.
Guess they were BEEdoing too. I just had to say it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment