Faith in action

James 2:25-26 (Message translation)
"The same with Rahab, The Jericho harlot. Wasn't her action in hiding God's spies and helping them escape-
that seamless unity of believing and doing- what counted with God?
The very moment you separate body and spirit, you end up with a corpse.
Separate faith and works and you get the same thing: a corpse.
"

Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 20- Beblogging?

It is amazing that we are 20 days into the new year already.
Each day that has gone by that I have made a point of doing something for Christ, because of His love, I have felt like I am doing exactly what I am supposed to be-doing. :) 
The question in my heart today is: should I be blogging about it? Does it take something genuine out of the encouragement by sharing it this way?
I'm not sure. It has helped to keep me accountable to my resolution. I know there have been a couple of days that would have slipped by, had I not made the promise to myself to report to the blog every day.
 In that respect it has become like a job; a commitment to Christ and myself. Blogging is like my time sheet. Clocking in. Additionally, it is a way to share myself and my heart with anyone that cares to read about it. It is a way to share the journey, and from my perspective, another way to encourage someone to be-doing for Christ also! 
I guess I have answered my own question for now, and will continue to record my daily work here, in the hope that it will bring praise to God and not to me. It is because of Him that I live and breathe and feel joy and that is what I want to share!

Today I spent the day working on a baby quilt for a young lady I know who will soon be having her second child. She is just starting out with her husband and will no doubt have many challenges ahead. The quilt has the pattern of a cross in the middle and in the light colored squares I plan to embroider these words:

Jesus loves me

This I know

For the Bible

Tells me so!



Remember that song? It's all ya need to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment