Faith in action

James 2:25-26 (Message translation)
"The same with Rahab, The Jericho harlot. Wasn't her action in hiding God's spies and helping them escape-
that seamless unity of believing and doing- what counted with God?
The very moment you separate body and spirit, you end up with a corpse.
Separate faith and works and you get the same thing: a corpse.
"

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 22

Today I spoke words of encouragement and love to someone that has been down a pretty rough road for awhile and is now close to reaching a major goal. Gave him a big hug too.

In church today a man from Haiti came and spoke to us. He has gone from a very poor child that used to get picked on, to an educated man of God that teaches and is a pastor. His story basically started when some missionaries from America gave him a new pair of pants. That small act of kindness changed everything for him. I was so encouraged to hear about how God will use such seemingly small things to do very big things! Of course I knew it already- but I LOVE to see the living proof!
That's my Father!

I was elected church treasurer today and I am so grateful to be trusted with this responsibility. I have had fun with spreadsheets and Quickbooks all afternoon :) I like them almost as much as making blankies!  Speaking of which- I am going to go crochet a couple of rows before turning in. 

God is so good.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment