Faith in action

James 2:25-26 (Message translation)
"The same with Rahab, The Jericho harlot. Wasn't her action in hiding God's spies and helping them escape-
that seamless unity of believing and doing- what counted with God?
The very moment you separate body and spirit, you end up with a corpse.
Separate faith and works and you get the same thing: a corpse.
"

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 82

I do volunteer work in the school library. I did not start volunteering out of the goodness of my heart, our school gave us the opportunity to volunteer in return for a discount on tuition. So I work in the library once a week for two hours. I realized while working there today that my obligation was almost over. I asked the wonderful librarian, Mrs. Dennis, if I could continue to come in after my time was up and she said she would not turn me away. I believe I will continue to go in as long as they will let me. I have always found peace around books. When I was young my favorite place to hang out was the library in town. I often dreamed of being a librarian!
Books. Stories. Pictures. Poetry. Expressions of life. Layers of meaning. New perspectives. Old romances. Laughter....
Whenever I know a person is in need of encouragement my first thought is often, "what book can I share?"
Books. It makes perfect sense to me that God wrote us a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment