Faith in action

James 2:25-26 (Message translation)
"The same with Rahab, The Jericho harlot. Wasn't her action in hiding God's spies and helping them escape-
that seamless unity of believing and doing- what counted with God?
The very moment you separate body and spirit, you end up with a corpse.
Separate faith and works and you get the same thing: a corpse.
"

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 59

I am so thankful for the good news a friend of mine got today- Benign! We went to lunch together and were talking about some of the things we had been through in our lives. Our conversation got me thinking about forgiveness. I think it is one of the hardest things to truly do, and something we all face many times. My own experience with forgiveness has at times been a major struggle. But God's forgiveness granted to me, and Christ's death to secure it, made it imperative for me to learn how to do it.  Knowing I can trust God to take care of me is what allows me to let myself be more vulnerable. Knowing I have been given so much grace allows me to share that grace with others. Christ did not consider His pain more important...so how then can I?

F- forlorn from a burden that's weighing me down
O- overcome with the pain of betrayal
R- righteous anger and rage
G- give way to tears and resignation
I- I don't want to be hurt again
V-vainly set on self preservation, I run, I hide, I build a castle around my heart
E- even as I seemingly protect myself, I become imprisoned
N- never letting my guard down, never relaxed in trusting innocence
E- enlightenment! I must let go - trust in God and the healing power of Christs love
S- such grace is impossible without Him- His forgiveness granted to me shows me the way
S- stunning freedom, the walls come down, the burden is lifted, love rules the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment