Faith in action

James 2:25-26 (Message translation)
"The same with Rahab, The Jericho harlot. Wasn't her action in hiding God's spies and helping them escape-
that seamless unity of believing and doing- what counted with God?
The very moment you separate body and spirit, you end up with a corpse.
Separate faith and works and you get the same thing: a corpse.
"

Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 58- Happy Birthday to Me

 
45!?
Today I was the one encouraged by my friends and family. First thing this morning, I received a Happy Birthday text from my niece, Madison! I received so many wishes for blessings for me and "my day", and my family spoiled me. My son Nick even remembered to give me a call! I felt very cared for today.
I have never really expected much "to do" on my birthday. I think it is like any other day. However, my friend Wendybird has taught me to make birthdays special. She throws a party for herself every year and invites everyone to come and enjoy her day with her. She gets lots of presents and enjoys the warmth and love of her friends and family. While I still like to keep my birthday low key- she taught me that it is indeed a special day and should perhaps be spent doing something special. 

It is Amanda's birthday that is the hardest day of the year for me. Not even the day of her death is as difficult, and that is hard enough.  The day we come into the world we change it forever. We grow and live, and leave marks on hearts that never go away. Every one of us.
So, today I thank God for my life and celebrate my birthday! I thank Him for the people in my life who let me know they are glad I am here too. 
Happy Birthday to Me!



No comments:

Post a Comment