Faith in action

James 2:25-26 (Message translation)
"The same with Rahab, The Jericho harlot. Wasn't her action in hiding God's spies and helping them escape-
that seamless unity of believing and doing- what counted with God?
The very moment you separate body and spirit, you end up with a corpse.
Separate faith and works and you get the same thing: a corpse.
"

Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 51, 52, 53, 54, 55






What a week. Ice and more ice and more snow and no power all week...



Needless to say I did not get much accomplished this week. No cleaning, no cooking, no showering (so thus I stayed away from people until Wednesday when I showered at moms), no email, no facebook. Life as usual just stops when the power goes out. It could be frustrating, but might as well just make the best of it- acceptance.

I did accomplish different kinds of things. I did get more thinking done than usual because of the lack of electronic distractions. I did realize I take so many things for granted every day. I did learn creative ways to get by without electricity. I did read more and get some rest. I did wonder at the beauty of the ice everywhere and talked with God more than usual.


This morning the heat is on, the water is running and the lights are on and I can watch the television and do the dishes and clean up the house,check facebook and email and write here in my blog... life is back to normal.

For now. This has just been another reminder that I never know what a day might bring. There are many things I have no control over that can change the course of my life, change my perspective, and change the way I spend my days. I am learning to be flexible. I am learning to be open to the possibility that when things are hard or not following my plan, that there is wisdom to be found in acceptance. I learn things in acceptance. Things I would not have learned if I was busy being miserable and complaining. Maybe that is how acceptance with JOY is possible.
Yes, I'm learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment