Faith in action

James 2:25-26 (Message translation)
"The same with Rahab, The Jericho harlot. Wasn't her action in hiding God's spies and helping them escape-
that seamless unity of believing and doing- what counted with God?
The very moment you separate body and spirit, you end up with a corpse.
Separate faith and works and you get the same thing: a corpse.
"

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 50- Whoo hoo!

Fifty days into the new year already. Three hundred fifteen to go.

Our Italian missionary spoke at church this morning. He (Elia), also played piano and his wife (Julia) sang like a bird, and they treated us to Italian style pizza afterward. He told us about their ministry in Italy and then shared a scripture message. I think the basic message was when you fill yourself with God's Word, it will naturally flow from you, and you will always be ready to share what God has done for you and the reason for your faith.
It was a gentle reminder to me to bereading as much (or more) as I am bedoing :) Thank you Elia.
I have lately been neglecting my personal Bible reading and journaling. I will remedy that!

Came home after church and got the treasurer duties done, and then I finished little Graysen's baby blanket. Just in time, too- mama is going to be induced tomorrow morning. I am really pleased I figured out how to make the scalloped edge! Nothing can stop me now.




Before you know it my house will look like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment