Faith in action

James 2:25-26 (Message translation)
"The same with Rahab, The Jericho harlot. Wasn't her action in hiding God's spies and helping them escape-
that seamless unity of believing and doing- what counted with God?
The very moment you separate body and spirit, you end up with a corpse.
Separate faith and works and you get the same thing: a corpse.
"

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 40

When Amanda died, many people brought me chocolate chip cookies. It was pretty much all I ate for awhile. They have become special to me, and I always make them for people who are hurting now.

Some friends of mine lost their father last night in an accident. He was young still, in his 40's. I am brokenhearted for them. The death of a loved one is devastating, but I think there is an added shock when it is sudden that is so hard to deal with. Death, and the pain it brings always leaves me feeling so very helpless.

 

All I can do is make chocolate chip cookies. Let them know I am here and I love them.
And I can pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment