Faith in action

James 2:25-26 (Message translation)
"The same with Rahab, The Jericho harlot. Wasn't her action in hiding God's spies and helping them escape-
that seamless unity of believing and doing- what counted with God?
The very moment you separate body and spirit, you end up with a corpse.
Separate faith and works and you get the same thing: a corpse.
"

Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 13

hmmm....I feel so out of it today. Just off a bit, like I can't follow a thought all the way through, and I am just tired.
Last night wore me out I think. I went to a dear friends birthday party and met some very gracious friends of hers. We had a very nice night and conversation, which at one point came around to women that had lost children. My friend Dana and I ended up sharing our hearts and our mutual experience of the death of a child. Normally something like this might have turned a happy evening into a sad one, but I left feeling that somehow everyone had been blessed in a way and the power and love of God was clear in our testimony.
I have always believed that things happen for a reason and this was no different.

However, it always brings up so many emotions and makes me tired for a day or two. When I got home LATE (11:45!) last night I found a message on my answering machine from my sister. She had been to the funeral of a 17 year old, and Amanda's memory all came crashing down on her. On the machine she sounded pretty overwrought and I called her back but she was already in bed. I got in touch with her today and she was doing better, but I know how much that kind of thing wears a person out. I was thinking we could really use some sister time and my mom has been hoping we could both come over and spend the night at her house.

So I made arrangements with them and we are going to have a sleepover on Sunday! I hope that counts for showing my love today :)
I think it does because in the past it has been all too easy for me to stay within myself when I am tired and hurting and not reach out. It is easier for me to just not answer the phone and to hide away.
I am so thankful for my family always there.






No comments:

Post a Comment