Faith in action

James 2:25-26 (Message translation)
"The same with Rahab, The Jericho harlot. Wasn't her action in hiding God's spies and helping them escape-
that seamless unity of believing and doing- what counted with God?
The very moment you separate body and spirit, you end up with a corpse.
Separate faith and works and you get the same thing: a corpse.
"

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 12

A few days ago, I wrote to encourage a family member who is in jail. Yesterday I received a letter back from him. Today I am going to write to him again. I am so glad that he is responding to me, I can tell he is really down and out.
I think I will also send him one of the bookmarks I made and this picture by Ron DiCianni.



When he wrote to me he shared this poem with me that had touched him deeply:


Someday


Someday all doubt and mystery will be made clear. 
 The threatened clouds which now we see will disappear.   

Someday what seems a punishment or loss or pain,
  Will prove to be God's blessing sent for every gain.  

Someday our weary feet will rest in sweet content,  
 and we will know how we were blest by what was sent.  

And looking back with clearer eyes our life's short span
We'll see with wondering glad surprise God's perfect plan.

And knowing that the way we went was God's own way,
We'll understand His wise intent,
Someday
Someday


No comments:

Post a Comment