Faith in action

James 2:25-26 (Message translation)
"The same with Rahab, The Jericho harlot. Wasn't her action in hiding God's spies and helping them escape-
that seamless unity of believing and doing- what counted with God?
The very moment you separate body and spirit, you end up with a corpse.
Separate faith and works and you get the same thing: a corpse.
"

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 78





Today was a show my love with food day. My son Nick came over for dinner and to hang out and watch the game. I had purchased some things for him throughout the last couple of weeks that I was finally able to give him. Some mandarin oranges and a big jar of pickles! A couple of his favorites.




It was great to see him, it had been awhile, and I was glad to have some little way to show him I am always thinking of him.




So for dinner I made a shephards pie. I was going to make goulash because I thought my step son was coming over too and that is his favorite. But when we learned he could not make it, I made the other boys favorite instead.



I want to love Zach with food too though so I went to the store and picked up some more hamburger and I am going to make some goulash for Tim to take over to him on his way to work tomorrow.


Also had some really great chocolate cookies to share.
Guys really like it when you give them food!

No comments:

Post a Comment