Faith in action

James 2:25-26 (Message translation)
"The same with Rahab, The Jericho harlot. Wasn't her action in hiding God's spies and helping them escape-
that seamless unity of believing and doing- what counted with God?
The very moment you separate body and spirit, you end up with a corpse.
Separate faith and works and you get the same thing: a corpse.
"

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 42

I am staring at the screen trying to figure out what to say today and I am drawing a blank.

It's the end of Saturday. I actually got moving today, it warmed up enough to comfortably go for a walk. The walk made me feel pretty good, so while I had the energy I gave the dogs a bath and blow dried them and brushed them out. They were greatly loved and encouraged!  Then the bathroom needed cleaning so I did that too. Then I vacuumed. I will probably sleep well tonight- that is the most activity I have done physically for awhile.

Inside I am feeling pretty blue. My friend has lost their father and another friend has received some bad news and it has all left me feeling pretty sad. The funeral is Monday and I really dislike funerals, they completely wear me out. But it is a part of our human experience. And the reason for this blog. We can help each other through these impossible times, and God will make something good come from it all in the end.

As I write this my husband and son are watching Wipeout and laughing their heads off. What a crazy show!
Those people are gonna hurt tomorrow. But they seem to be having fun? Well, its a comical distraction ( in a tilt my head and wonder why sort of way) for the moment.

Distractions from the seriousness of life can be a good thing and the laughter of my husband and son is definitely a good thing. Personally I don't get it, but I really like hearing them laugh so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment