Faith in action

James 2:25-26 (Message translation)
"The same with Rahab, The Jericho harlot. Wasn't her action in hiding God's spies and helping them escape-
that seamless unity of believing and doing- what counted with God?
The very moment you separate body and spirit, you end up with a corpse.
Separate faith and works and you get the same thing: a corpse.
"

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 31

I may not be able to post for a bit. There is a BIG winter storm coming through and we may lose power. The snow is just now beginning and it is whipping around like crazy. I will be glad when Tim is home. 

 Nicholas, my 21 year old, checked in a few minutes ago and was concerned about the birds where he works. Thousands of them stop there when they are migrating and he said they are all there right now.
What do birds do when there is a storm like this? God has built the way to survive into them. But even so, some will surely perish. I started thinking of all the homeless people!!! Where do they go when a blizzard rolls through with wind chills below zero, and threats of 15 inches or more of snow? I opened my back door for just a moment and popped my head out. I can't imagine being outside on a night like this. I was able to close my door and come back in to my nice warm house where I am baking bread with a fire going. I feel so taken care of and I pray God will care for His homeless children tonight. And His birds.

And to think that lately I have been in a Yank to find a way to buy a new washing machine (mine broke).
So much so, that I asked my mom to let me clean her house for money. Oh for Pete's sake!!! What is wrong with me??  I justified it in my mind by thinking she could use the help and she wouldn't let me do it for free if I offered... and I want to spend more time over there anyways. Seriously. I suddenly realized I trust God with the big things but often I do not, with the little things. I seem to think I have to make something happen. And, I think I need things that I really don't. I can certainly get by without a washer for awhile- that's what they make bathtubs and laundromats for! I will just wait. When I go to see my mom I want her to know that I am there because I want to be with her and no other reason. If I help her out with cleaning it should not cost her anything, even if she is willing to pay for it.
It all seems so silly when I think of it now. God has brought me through so much, and I am safe and warm tonight.

"learn to labor and to wait..." 

I need to work on that waiting part!

No comments:

Post a Comment